PLEASE NOTE WHEN ORDERING DOORS FROM US YOU AGREE WITH ALL FUSSY CHOICE LTD TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW.
( Cerberus Doors is a trading name of Fussy Choice LTD )
1. The exact date of installation can be booked no earlier than 4 days before the door arrives at our warehouse.
2. We reserve the right to cancel the installation date if we believe bad weather conditions will hinder our ability to deliver a high quality installation.
3. A cancellation of the installation date by the client may lead to rebooking delay of up to 4-8 working days depending on current workload levels.
4. The installation of a door typically takes between 2 to 8 hours depending on the size of the door, ease of access to the site and a range of other factors.
5. Please note that your old door and frame and maybe some suroundings as old plaster or tilling can be damaged in the process of removing it from the opening, so if you would like to retain it 100% for whatever reason, you will need to make alternative arrangements for its removal.
6. To fix extremely heavy doors to a very old wall is a real challenge , and to do this we must use special concrete bolts that may cause damage even on other side of wall if its just 150-180 mm thick including plaster.
7. New block or brick openings must be prepared by client minimum 24 hours before installation , incorrectly prepared opening must be corrected by client / builders or extra charges are applied if it's done by us. Incorrect openings may affect door frame stability and void installation warrantee.
8. If frame to be fitted deeper than 20mm from brick or block edge cavity gaps needs to be filed in at least 200mm from top and bottom of opening and 300mm in the midle of it. ( to be done by client minimum 24 hours before installtion )
9.In some cases to fit new frame we may need to cut plaster to fit our hinges, and small piece of plaster above top hinge to hung door , it is normal procedure because our frame is usually thicker than existing and L shaped to accomodate double seal. Such smaller or bigger damages to be decorated by client.
10. Fused 5v power point and place for transformer to be prepared by client , when electric FIAM locks are ordered (usually 500 mm from the floor and 100-200 mm from door frame )
11. Due to recent data protection act , we can't set locks ourselves with master codes or master pads.We will leave lock in full working condition with strandard factory settings codes etc, and full manuals to set lock yourself.
12. If we arrive on site to install the door , and opening is not ready , client will be responsible for his door to be stored on site till another resheduled installation day ( NOTE : additional full installation charges will apply )
13. Please do not book any plastering, tiling or other works around new door frame till is installed , as we will not cover any cancellation costs due to installation or other delays that may occur.
14.You are solely responsible for ensuring that the supply and installation of the Goods complies with council regulation, Government direction, local or other authority and that you have lawfully obtained every necessary licence, permit or authority required in connection with these Conditions. If you do not have the necessary permits, licences and consents, we may terminate the Purchase Order immediately. We will ensure products meet with current Building Regulations. We are not responsible if the correct permits, licences or consents are not in place before or after the provision of the Installation Services.
15. On delivery and/or on the final day of installation (as appropriate) you will be required to sign a Notice of Satisfaction. You, or a nominated third party representative, must be available to complete the Notice of Satisfaction on delivery and/or on the final day of installation. If you, or a nominated third party representative, are not present to complete the Notice of Satisfaction on delivery and/or on the final day of installation we reserve the right to reschedule the completion of the Notice of Satisfaction within seven (7) days of delivery and/or on the final day of installation and charge a rearrangement fee of £500 plus VAT. In the event that you are unable to complete the Notice of Satisfaction upon delivery and/or on the final day of installation the balancing payment, as referred to in Condition 3.1.3, shall be made no later than seven (7) days from the date of delivery and/or the final day of installation.
16. We will not fit our doors on Sarturdays or bank holidays, unless it is agreed in advance. Please note we are always closed on Sundays.
We take great care during installation but please note incidents can still occur when removing the old door which are unavoidable; damaged tiles, plaster, brickwork etc. Client is responsible to arrange decorators to carry out additional works after installation is complete.
1. We only install the door frame and the doors you have ordered, although we also adjust the locks and hinges to make sure everything works to a high standard.
2. If you wish to fix internal architraves or other beadings, this must be agreed with us in advance when door is ordered. Beadings start from £70+ VAT per side.
3. External frame sealing is included if the opening is already prepared for this, and can be done immediately after the door is installed.
4. We do not connect or disconnect ALARMS , TELEPHONE LINES DOOR BEALS ETC. Please contact your service provider in advance to arrange disconnection and reconnection works a few days before installation date confirmed. We will not take any responsibility or bear any costs due to cancelled installations.
5.We will not take any responsibility for damaged pipework or any tipe of service that is invisible or in bad condition , if its located closer than 100mm from old or new door frame.
6. We do not provide any kind of internal / external decorations such as plastering, crack-filling or painting around the frame. Smaller or bigger damages always hapening around door frame area . A 240v power supply and basic welfare must be provided by the client and should be available on site throughout the whole of the installation period.
7. During installation time and after our clients are more than welcome to ask questions related to the product and the work on site . Due to health and safety reasons standing behind our team of fitters is not permitted during the installation period. This can distract our installers and affect the quality of the installation. We also offer a supply only option if client would like to fit the doors themselves.
8. Client is responsible for full checking and protection of door after installation is finished and installation note is signed. Any damage reported after that will not will be accepted.
9. Client or his builder are responsible to keep the same dimensions of openings agreed on site drawings etc, and unchanged floor levels . Flooring samples or exact specifications to be provided by client on installation day so the fitting team so framing can be installed accordingly to require door leaf clearance from the floor.
10. Please note our fitters are not responsible for reducing or creating bigger openings, unless is quoted for and agreed before installation so that the appropriate tools can be prepared.
11. If requested by you, we will endeavour to relocate cables that have been drilled through window frame systems however we accept no responsibility for any damage resulting from carrying out such work.
12.On completion of a fitting a demonstration of the operation and adjustment will be made. No further visits to site will be made to adjust any product without payment to Fussy Choice LTD
13.If a return visit to the site is requested a minimum payment of £70 + VAT (amount will depend on where the site is) will be made to the company, this payment will be refunded if the company agrees that the responsibility of any works is theirs.
14. Unless previously agreed we the seller reserve the right to photograph the installation of any products. The photographs remain the property of Fussy choice LTD who reserves the right to use the images in any company literature. Any unauthorised reproduction of any photos will constitute a breach of copyright.
1.Door sets come with 12 month fitting guarantee. Damage caused by improper use will void the guarantee, survey and repair charges will apply. £35+VAT per h. per person + materials . Extra charges for clients outside M25 apply.
2. We will not issue installation warantee for doors that is fitted in between unstable buildings like UPVC or wooden porches , other similar buildings.
3. No guarantee is given for the supply only of doors from our ''Buy Now Range'' , as damages and other wrong adjustments can be made to the door structure during unprofessional installation. Please check package and door condition on delivery. Full refitting charges £360+VAT + materials apply if full correction on site is required.
Our fitters will adjust all locks to ensure they work to a high standard, but due to the setting up period ( min 9 months ) or unforeseen building movements, such as those caused by the creation of new openings or extensions such as porches,locks may need additional adjustment. Such follow up adjustments are not counted as a warantee issue and are not covered by a guarantee, additional visits for clients outside a three mile radius from our showroom at SE12 8RW may be subject to an extra charge of £76+VAT.
DELIVERY OF GOODS: ( For supply only )
1.We deliver door to your kerbside only. Please ensure that someone ( min 2 fit persons ) is available all day, on the day of delivery who is capable of assisting the driver in unloading and checking the goods when they arrive. If there is not someone there present to receive the goods a re-delivery charge will be applied. ( Please note that door weight is minimum 80kg)
2.At the time of delivery please examine your ordered products carefully and agree or decline to sign the safe and proper delivery guarantee form and accept the products.
The product must be free of mechanical and other defects and must match the colour and size described in the agreement documentation.
3.You are also more than welcome to collect your door from our warehouse in 388-392, Lee High Road, Lee Green, SE12 8RW
4.As some products are custom-made to your individual order, we will not provide refunds discounts or accept returns in case you simply no longer wish to have the product or are not satisfied with the price, or due to other similar reasons.
1. We are responsible for product quality installation and all dimensions taken on site.
2. Client or his designer ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE for approving production drawings, this entails: door layouts , opening directions , colours , and hardware positions. This is clearly labelled before we start production. We are responsible for measurements taken on site.
3. Agreed floor levels/ opening dimensions can't be changed after 2 weeks when order is placed.
4.We do not take any responsibility for dimensions supplied by the client .
To ensure quality and fitness for purpose, all of our security doors are bespoke and for this reason we are unable to maintain a stock in order to supply them in a matter of days. Our focus is on doing something well, not just fast. That said, we are able to provide the following approximate lead times for our doors as a guide:
1. Modern unglazed single - 4-6 weeks .
2. Modern double 5-6 weeks
3. Modern glazed - 5-6weeks
4. Traditional unglazed - 4-7 weeks
5. Traditional glazed with side lights or double - 6-9 weeks
6. Doors with custom-stained glazing, leaded glass and other non-standard options take around 8-14 weeks.
Please note that the factory's 18 day annual holiday usually starts from 21st of August (date may vary) , this will affect lead times accordingly. Please add additional 3 weeks for orders placed 1.5 - 2 months before Christmas and New Year period. ( Due to 17 days of factory holiday, busy logistics , also our fitting teams going on holiday )
WE WILL RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EXTEND LEAD TIME OR RETURN PRODUCT TO FACTORY AT ANY TIME IF PRODUCT WILL NOT MEET OUR QUALITY STANDARDS , CLIENT WILL BE PROVIDED WITH PHOTO EVIDENCE IF SUCH ISSUES ARISE.
We shall have the right to delay delivery if we are prevented from or delayed in manufacturing or delivering the Goods and/or Installation Services by normal route or means of delivery through any circumstances beyond our control
Please note the following important points regarding lead times:
1. Due to the tight factory schedule, it is not possible for your order to jump the queue or be manufactured more quickly, even for an extra charge. We will not compromise on quality.
2. Your lead time will start from the day you have approved the drawings and after a 50% deposit has been paid. Any changes made to drawings after production has started will extend lead time.
3. You will receive your first update no earlier than 8-12 days before your door arrives at our warehouse, so please be patient as your call after 2 weeks will not make manufacturing faster.
PAYMENT TERMS & STORAGE CHARGES:
1. To place an order we require 50% of agreed purchase amount to be paid , outstanding balance to be settled in 5 days after installation is completed.
2. For orders over £1800 ex.VAT We will reserve right to request payment of 50% to start production then 40% 3 days before installation and 10% in 7 days after installation.
3. Supply only orders must be be paid in full before production starts ,or final 50% payment payment to be made 2 days before delivery.
4. From the date upon arrival of your doors, we will store these free of charge for a duration no longer than two weeks (fourteen days), thereafter £20 will be charged per pallet per week.
All our doors are made to order and therefore are non-returnable and no credit can be given. A deposit of 50% of the total value of any stock item or custom made order is required at the time of ordering. If the order is cancelled the deposit will be retained to contribute towards covering our costs. Orders cannot be amended once they have been placed with the factory.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OWNERSHIP OF THE PRODUCT WILL PASS TO YOU ONLY AFTER WE RECEIVE FULL PAYMENT.
OUR RECOMMENDED ANNUAL SERVICE :
To include : Hinges and locks oiling , replacement of all door seals , readjusting of locks , other hardware and cleaning of door.
Within M25 : £95 +VAT
Outside M25 : Starting from £120 +VAT
* For commercial and communal entrances maintenance MUST be carried out every 6 months.
Prepared by Lawyers Direct , in association with e-terms.co.uk